How To Keep Your Floor In Perfect Condition For A Long Time
Let’s be honest: no one likes to have a long-term floor coating project going on in their life. While they look amazing, it requires work and money to maintain them.
We’re sure you’ve checked the numerous floor coating systems out there and wondered which one you should choose for your home or business.
It’s a big decision, but if you follow these maintenance tips to keep your Chandler epoxy floor coatings at their peak, you’ll be amazed by how long they will look as new.
Save The Chemical Defense For Surprise Attacks
Polyaspartic garage floor coatings are chemically resistant and non-absorptive.
The legendary middleweight boxing champion Bernard Hopkins, who is still going strong despite the passage of time, famously remarked that he had a fantastic chin but “wasn’t going to let you try it.” You should follow Hopkins’ suggestion when it comes to floor coating.
Why test it when you could keep that durability for unforeseen grease and oil spills? We highly recommend you choose a less harmful cleaning method or solution if you have the chance.
It is best to select a cleanser with a more neutral pH level of 7 to 10. Likewise, homeowners should avoid all-purpose cleansers that contain water-soluble, synthetic, or clarifying salts, and compounds with high acidity or alkalinity levels.
Similarly, some sweeping compounds contain flammable oils and sands that may test the polyaspartic abrasion resistance. Although polyaspartic garage floorings are usually durable, homeowners should do their best to protect them from the unforeseen spills that will surely happen in a busy garage area.
It’s not difficult to find a reliable company that installs Maricopa polyaspartic and epoxy floor coatings, but you still have to make an effort with the maintenance to keep the floor coating in the best condition possible.
Perfecting The Polyaspartic Garage Floor Cleaning Process
Although polyaspartic garage floors are slip resistant and have a non-absorbent surface that makes them easy to sweep, wash, or scrub, there are some safety considerations you should take before getting the cleaning materials.
Try to test your selected cleaning method and solution on a small, predetermined section of your garage before cleaning your polyaspartic garage floor for the first time. This will allow you to decide whether or not you will ultimately leave a film on the coating’s surface.
Simple Dos & Don’ts For Cleaning & Maintaining Polyaspartic Garage Floors
- Test each cleaning product in a small testing area.
- Dust mop high-traffic areas of your floor regularly to stop grit from being tracked onto the surface and wearing it down.
- Scrub and rinse your floors once every 1-2 weeks to prevent cleaners from leaving a slippery coating.
- Use an appropriate cleanser (with a balanced pH).
- Give your cleaner adequate time to finish their work. To work and dislodge dirt and debris, they frequently need to sit on your floor for a while.
Gilbert polyaspartic and epoxy floor coatings usually last longer when considering these tips. But, remember you should also avoid the following:
- Apply surface waxes to prevent your coating from being slip-resistant from working.
- Use cleaners with an imbalanced pH, which can progressively erode your floor coating.
- Combine cleaners.
By performing frequent maintenance, doing a heavy cleaning every two months, and removing stains as soon as possible, you can keep your epoxy floor coatings beautiful for a longer time.
Although epoxy floor coatings are resistant, they are not indestructible. Plus, prevention is key to keeping them in excellent shape. Follow these tips for prevention:
- Don’t slide or drag heavy tools or equipment across the floor.
- Avoid using stiff bristle brushes when cleaning the floor.
- Place a towel or soft mat below any equipment with a heavy load.
- Don’t DIY your floor cleaners, always purchase safe ph-balanced cleaners made for epoxy floor coatings.
Finding The Best Floor Coating
A polyaspartic floor coating is your best option if you want a floor coating that can tolerate heavy traffic and yet look brand new. The professionals at AZ Floor Coatings: The Polyaspartic & Epoxy Pros apply three separate layers to your floor to give superior strength and stability. We provide high-quality Arizona polyaspartic and epoxy floor coatings to make your floor last for many years.
If you have any further questions about cleaning and maintaining your floor, or you want to install an epoxy floor coating, please contact us! We’ll be happy to help!